Terry Crews says RadarOnline “threatened” him with a false story wrongly linking him to prostitutes. The actor made the accusation on Twitter on Sunday.
Last week, Crews was on “GMA” to discuss his sexual assault experience, after alleging agent Adam Venit groped him at a Hollywood party. In the wake of that appearance, in which he was widely praised for his candor and support for all sexual harassment victims, he says RadarOnline contacted him with supposedly damning allegations about his purported involvement with hookers. “1 day after my @GMA interview, @radaronline threatened me w/ a false story abt me hiring 2 hookers at the 2015 Monte Carlo TV Festival,” the “Brooklyn Nine-Nine” star tweeted.
He went on, “It never went 2 press because it was a lie. This was not a coincidence. I told u they were coming 4 me. I also told you I am ready.” Crews seemed to be implying that he is a target because he came forward with his accusation against Venit. He included a screengrab of an email, which has the subject line, “RadarOnine RE: Terry Crews.” After a “to whom it may concern” greeting, the correspondence states, “RadarOnline intends to publish a story today reporting Terry Crews hired two prostitutes — one of African descent and one Caucasian — on June 16, 2015, while staying at the Hotel Hermitage Monte-Carlo, Monaco.”
“Mr. Crews chose the two prostitutes from the web site ‘Euro Escort Girls’ and paid EUR2,800 for their company,” the email continues. “Please provide comment by 6 PM EST today.” It’s unclear how Crews responded to the communication, but we’ve learned it was sent to both his publicist and his management. Gossip Cop has reached out to his rep, as well as a lawyer for RadarOnline. After Crews sent his tweet calling out the webloid, a fan replied, “A few days ago you posted a photo from that day, and now they’re saying you got hookers that day when you’re clearly with you wife.” He wrote back, “My point exactly.”
Crews also retweeted a Yahoo! editor, who pointed out, “Let’s not forget how the top editor at AMI (Radar) was reportedly working with Weinstein to discredit his accuser.” The comment was in reference to a New Yorker story from Ronan Farrow, in which he detailed the contact Harvey Weinstein had with Dylan Howard, the chief content officer of American Media Inc., regarding one of his sexual assault accusers. AMI publishes RadarOnline, as well as the National Enquirer, OK!, Star and Us Weekly.
Gossip Cop has determined this story is accurate to the best of our ability.