Kristen Stewart never replaced Angelina Jolie in a movie, despite a report a year ago that wrongly said the younger star would take the Oscar winner's part in the Bride Of Frankenstein. As Gossip Cop explained then, Jolie was still in talks for the role, while there had been no discussions about bringing Stewart on board. Now 12 months have gone by, and Stewart still hasn't signed on to the film.
On June 22, 2017, Gossip Cop called out the National Enquirer for falsely claiming Universal Pictures no longer wanted Jolie to star in the Bride Of Frankenstein and was instead pursuing Stewart to play the title character. Jolie's supposed demands were said to be getting in the way of the project. In unnatural language filled with scary movie puns, a so-called "snitch" alleged Jolie was "endlessly creating monster delays," which indicated to executives that she "obviously wasn't dying for the part."
"Execs suddenly rebelled at her witchiness, so now they're bloodthirsty to sign young Kristen to flap her sexy cape," alleged the tabloid's insider in what was clearly a manufactured quote. It was further claimed in another suspiciously-worded statement that producers were "mooning about making millions from" Stewart's "panting Twilight vampire fan freaks." Though it was known that the film was slated to hit theaters in 2019, the magazine's story was lacking other key information, such as when production would start, or how Javier Bardem, who was also in talks to be in the movie, felt about the casting switch.
And when Gossip Cop investigated, we learned from a source close to the production that Jolie was still the frontrunner and remained in negotiations for the lead role. As for the contention that executives were "woo-wooing" Stewart to replace her, our contact said her named hadn't been mentioned as Jolie substitute at all. Now 365 days have passed, and it's clear our reporting was correct: Stewart never replaced Jolie in the Bride Of Frankenstein.
In fact, the project still hasn't even gotten off the ground. Last October, after director Bill Condon started pre-production for a February 2018 shoot, Bride Of Frankenstein was postponed for further development. At that point, Jolie and Bardem still hadn't officially signed on to the movie, though Deadline reported both remained interested and were going to see what would happen with the retooling. To date, though, there hasn't been any further progress. The film was expected to be part of Universal's "Dark Universe," but no official plans have been announced for additional films following the lackluster performance of The Mummy.
Meanwhile, Jolie started filming Maleficent 2 in late May and production is ongoing. As for Stewart, in March she was cast as real-life actress Jean Seberg in the political thriller Against All Enemies, which is filming this summer. In the last year no legitimate outlet ever linked her to Bride Of Frankenstein, further proving just how bogus the National Enquirer story was.
Gossip Cop has determined this story is totally false.