Celine Dion is not dating backup dancer Pepe Munoz, contrary to widespread rumors. The untrue speculation got a boost on Wednesday from a new tabloid report, but Gossip Cop exclusively confirms with a rep that the story is fake news.
“Celine’s Heart Goes On,” reads a headline from Star, which writes, “It’s all coming back to her now! The Titanic singer is moving full steam ahead with her hunky backup dancer more than a year after losing her husband.” The article alleges Dion has an “extra pep in her step,” and it’s all because Munoz is “loving the ‘All By Myself’ singer back to life” following the death of Rene Angelil last year.
A so-called “source” is quoted as saying, “She’s having so much fun letting go of her inhibitions. Being with a younger man makes her feel so sexy. You can’t help but notice the chemistry between them, on and stage and off!” The tabloid’s supposed snitch goes on to allege, “She’s even introduced him to her sons as a friend, of course, out of respect for their father.” This purported tipster adds to the gossip magazine, “Celine never thought she’d find someone after Rene, but maybe Pepe is her second chance at love.”
It seems, however, that the publication merely built this report around Dion and Munoz having platonic outings in Paris last month, and threw in some puns using the superstar’s song titles for good measure. But while the tabloid may have seen paparazzi pictures and may know Dion’s hits, the magazine clearly doesn’t know what’s really going on with the singer’s personal life. These relationship claims were actually debunked more than a week ago, which makes this tale nothing but misleading and late fake news.
Beyond sharing the stage, Dion and Munoz have a common interest in fashion, which is why they’ve been spending time together in one of the world’s biggest style hot spots. Furthermore, Dion herself also said just a few months ago that she still considers herself married to Angelil, and called it “too soon” to move on with a new romantic partner. What’s more is that Munoz is the third man Star has wrongly linked to the songstress in the 18 months since she lost her husband.
Last November, the tabloid falsely said Dion was “moving on” with her guitarist Kevin Girouard. That was followed in January by an erroneous story saying Dion had a “crush” on David Foster and wanted to date him. In all three cases, the publication spun untrue relationship stories simply because she had links, mostly professional ones, to these men. Apparently the outlet is unaware men and women can just be friends.
Gossip Cop believes there to be elements of truth, but the story is ultimately misleading.