NEWS

“Bachelor In Paradise” To Resume After Investigation Concludes No Sexual Assault

Truth rating: 10
Bachelor In Paradise Resuming

By Shari Weiss |

Bachelor In Paradise Resuming

(ABC)

“Bachelor In Paradise” will resume filming after an investigation found no evidence of sexual assault. See statement below.

As Gossip Cop reported, production was shut down earlier this month after an encounter between cast members DeMario Jackson and Corinne Olympios. When Warner Bros. initially announced season four of the show was put on hold, producers only referred to possible “misconduct.” It later emerged Jackson and Olympios had a hookup in a Mexican pool that was captured by the cameras. While both were admittedly drunk, questions were raised about whether Olympios gave clear consent.

Sources close to her maintained she was too intoxicated to consent to sexual relations, while Jackson’s camp maintained Olympios was coherent and engaged throughout their involvement. Both aligned themselves with lawyers, but it was unknown if police were involved. Now it seems a criminal case will not be moving forward. Warner Bros. says in a statement:

“As we previously stated, we recently became aware of allegations regarding an incident on the set of ‘Bachelor in Paradise’ in Mexico. We take all such allegations seriously. The safety, security and well-being of the cast and crew is our number one concern, and we suspended filming so that the allegations could be investigated immediately and thoroughly. Our internal investigation, conducted with the assistance of an outside law firm, has now been completed. Out of respect for the privacy interests of those involved, we do not intend to release the videotape of the incident. We can say, however, that the tape does not support any charge of misconduct by a cast member. Nor does the tape show, contrary to many press reports, that the safety of any cast member was ever in jeopardy. Production on this season of ‘Bachelor in Paradise’ will be resuming, and we plan to implement certain changes to the show’s policies and procedures to enhance and further ensure the safety and security of all participants.”

Gossip Cop suspected the tape of Olympios and Jackson would play a key role, even though Olympios previously called herself a “victim.” It’s unclear if she now plans to take civil action. Gossip Cop has reached out to her attorney for comment. It’s also not clear if Olympios or Jackson will be back on set. It originally seemed unlikely production would resume this season, but it appears ABC has managed to salvage its summer series. Host Chris Harrison teased the news shortly before the statement was released, tweeting, “Thank you for your trust and love #BachelorNation making #thebachelorette #1 show on TV last night. #BIP update coming very soon!”

He later added, “Thank you for your patience, trust and loyalty #BachelorNation and to our entire Bachelor family.” “Bachelor In Paradise” was expected to premiere on August 8. A delayed date, if there is one, has not been announced, nor has it been revealed if the show will use the footage shot before production was suspended. Whenever it airs and whatever airs, Gossip Cop will have a full recap. UPDATE: Olympios’ lawyer says their own investigation will continue.

 


  1. Gossip Cop
  2. Mediaite
  3. LawNewz
  4. The Mary Sue