Zhang Ziyi Slams Reports She Earned Millions as Prostitute for Chinese Officials
12:00 pm, May 31st, 2012
Zhang Ziyi, the Chinese actress who starred in Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon and Memoirs of a Geisha, is blasting reports that she earned millions of dollars as a prostitute for government officials.
Outlets in Hong Kong are circulating a story that Zhang was paid for sexual liaisons with numerous Chinese politicians, including scandal-plagued Bo Xilai.
According to local tabloid reports, the actress has been barred from traveling during a government investigation into the supposed sex scandal.
The Apple Daily originally claimed Zhang received more than $100 million from businessmen and politicians over the course of several years.
But now Zhang is striking back at the allegations and promising legal action.
“The accusations made against award-winning actress Ziyi Zhang are completely false and defamatory,” her rep tells Gossip Cop in a statement.
The statement continues, “There is no truth in any of the allegations that have come forth which are a result of calculated cruel intentions against a well respected established actress. Legal repercussions are ensuing and these slanderous reports will not be tolerated in any way.”
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Kendall Jenner Gets A Completely New Look
- 32 Celeb Moms We Have Serious Crushes On
- Brody Jenner Probably Not Invited To Kim's Wedding?
- You Don't Like Gwyneth Paltrow? She Doesn't Care!
- Miley Cyrus Is Apparently Barack Obama's Fault Now
- 8 Aww-Inspiring Baby Photos Of Celeb Kids
- What Rapper Is Father To These Sweet Siblings?
- Silicone Sorrows & Botox Blues: Regrettable Celeb Surgeries
- 30 Child Actors Who Died Young
- The Most Mysterious Celebrity Deaths