Zayn Malik: I’m “Proud” Of One Direction’s New Single “Drag Me Down”
Zayn Malik says he’s “proud of my boys” in One Direction because of their new single “Drag Me Down” (audio below). On Saturday night, the former member of the boy band tweeted “big love” to Harry Styles, Liam Payne, Niall Horan, and Louis Tomlinson following the release of their song, which skyrocketed to the top of iTunes within minutes.
Malik wrote on Twitter, “Proud of my boys the new single is sick. Big love. :) x.” While the remaining four members have yet to respond (as of when Gossip Cop posted this story), we are sure they appreciate the kind words from Malik, with whom they have no beef. A little more than a week ago, when One Direction was tweeting thanks to fans on its fifth anniversary as a group, Payne tweeted, “Wowwwww 5 years 5 boys what an amazing journey I couldn’t thank you all ever enough and thank you Louis Niall Harry and zayn for everything.” Malik retweeted Payne’s post, along with the message, “thanks bro!”
As Gossip Cop reported earlier in the week, Malik signed a deal with RCA Records, which will release his solo work. He announced the news of the deal on Twitter, writing, “I guess I never explained why I left, it was for this moment to be given the opportunity to show you who i really am! #realmusic #RCA!!” Sources tell Gossip Cop that despite Malik quitting the group in March, the remaining One Direction members are all happy for him these days. One insider says, “It was a sting at first, but they only want the best for Zayn.
Click here to listen to One Direction’s new song “Drag Me Down.”