Zayn Malik: One Direction Ignoring Me (VIDEO)
Zayn Malik says he has been ignored by his former One Direction crew since leaving the group. The singer reveals in a new cover feature with Billboard that he has reached out to several members of the band, but has not received a response from any of them. See the video below.
When Malik left One Direction on March 25 of last year, he wrote that he would have “four friends for life.” But now, he’s not so sure that’s the case. Malik says that he “had every intention of remaining friends with everybody,” but admits that “certain phone numbers have changed and I haven’t received phone calls from a lot of people.” He also reveals that “I’ve reached out to a few of them and not got a reply.”
But the singer also attempts to downplay any rumors of a feud between himself and his former bandmates. Malik hypothesizes that “certain people have pride issues,” but remains hopeful that “it’s stuff you overcome in time.” Malik also says that Directioners will have “no sides to pick” when he releases his long-awaited debut LP because he and his old bandmates are “not going head-to-head.” However, he hints that his solo music will be a major departure from what he created with One Direction, expressing that he “genuinely enjoyed the band… but it’s just not where I sit as a musician.”
With One Direction gearing up for an extended hiatus, beginning in March, Directioners will inevitably have all eyes on what Malik has to offer. His solo album is scheduled to be released in the early spring.
Check out the video below of Malik’s cover shoot with Billboard.