Zayn Malik Backs Out Of “Graham Norton Show” At Last Minute
Zayn Malik has backed out of “The Graham Norton Show” at the last minute.
As Gossip Cop reported, Malik was set to appear on this Friday’s episode of the BBC talk show. The appearance was slated to coincide with the release of “Pillow Talk,” the singer’s first solo single since leaving One Direction. But now he’s pulled out of the gig just one day before the taping.
A rep for Malik is blaming scheduling issues, saying the British star is busy in the recording studio working on his album. Unfortunately for “Graham Norton,” the series is said to be scrambling for a replacement guest. That said, the broadcast is still expected to feature other big names: Will Smith, Ryan Reynolds, and Catherine Zeta-Jones.
Malik’s would-be interview was only announced a few days ago, and anticipation immediately skyrocketed, as it would’ve been his first television interview since leaving One Direction last year. It’s unclear if the appearance will be rescheduled, though an official statement says, “Due to unforeseen scheduling conflicts with recording commitments, Zayn’s appearance on ‘Graham Norton’ has been postponed. Zayn has confirmed that he would love to appear on the show at a later date.”
There hasn’t been any indication yet that “Pillow Talk” won’t still drop Friday as planned. Malik, of course, was previously on “The Graham Norton Show” with his former band mates. The group just released the music video for “History” on Tuesday, which, as Gossip Cop noted, documents One Direction’s, well, history. That includes plenty of footage of Malik, who has yet to comment on the clip.
UPDATE: Malik’s first on-camera interview will now be with Zane Lowe on Thursday. See tweet and Instagram below. Meanwhile, Reynolds joked on Twitter, “Zayn isn’t on the Graham Norton show with me anymore. I’ll still go… But obviously I got my lips done for nothing. #DeadpoolDoesLondon.”
Yes now Zane v Zayn https://t.co/Y7Y7puGgiC
— zayn (@zaynmalik) January 27, 2016