CLAIM: Zac Efron Starring in ‘Akira’
2:31 pm, November 11th, 2010
“Zac Efron is entertaining offers to star as gang leader Shotaro Kaneda in a film based on the manga comic Akira,” writes Perez Hilton, who adds, ”Oh geez. This may be the only thing worse for him than that facial hair!”
He then writes, “The project sounds inneresting, but we’re not sure if it’s the best fit for Zac.”
No need to worry.
Though the story was picked up all over, a rep for the Hughes Brothers, who are directing the live action film, tells Gossip Cop that rumors about Efron starring in Akira are “not true.”
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter for accurate celebrity news!
Check us out on Facebook!
You might like:
- The Brattiest Celebrity Kids
- Does Will Smith Think Jada's Style Is Whack?
- Renee Zellweger Looks Hardly Recognizable
- 8 Aww-Inspiring Baby Photos Of Celeb Kids
- The Most Educated Rappers In The Game
- Did Beyonce & Jay-Z Chemically Process Blue Ivy's Hair?
- Kendall Jenner Gets A Completely New Look
- Michael Phelps' New Girlfriend Spills Juicy Details About Their Relationship
- What The Frock?: Horrible Celeb Fashion Fails
- 10 Celebrity Moms Who Practice Attachment Parenting