Dutch Publisher: There Was “Nothing Wrong” with Calling Rihanna the N-Word
12:41 pm, December 23rd, 2011
The publisher of the Dutch fashion magazine that called Rihanna the N-word is now taking back its half-baked apology.
As Gossip Cop reported, Rihanna was (rightfully) furious with Jackie after the magazine referred to her as “the ultimate [n-word b*tch]“ in an item about how to dress like a pop star.
TAKE A LOOK BELOW
But according to a Dutch news site, publisher Yves Gijrath now says they did “nothing wrong.”
“[Hoeke] presented it as a joke, but it most certainly was not a joke. It was an interpretation [of style],” Gijarth is quoted as saying.
He adds, “She should have said, ‘We did not realize this interpretation is such a touchy subject. We never meant any harm and offer our sincere and upright apologies.’”
Gijrath continues, “But because of all the fuss, Eva started to wiggle in all directions, and therefore we have come to the conclusion her credibility has been undermined.”
Moreover, Jackie will not print a retraction in its upcoming issue and “will not be silenced.”
In other words, it appears Gijrath and Jackie are not sorry for calling Rihanna the N-word – just sorry that everyone got so “touchy” about it and that Hoeke didn’t defend it.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- 24 Celebrities You Didn't Know Were Related
- The Worst Celebrity Tattoos Ever
- The Drew Carey Show: What Ever Happened to Mimi?
- Easily Achieve 'A-List' Hair Color
- Is Justin Bieber Dating Kylie Jenner?
- The Real Reason Kim Won't Marry Kanye
- Human Barbie Discusses Her Unique Look
- Celebrities With Super Attractive Siblings
- Kim Kardashian's Swollen Feet Scream For Help
- Model's Too-Tiny Bikini Causes Wardrobe Malfunction