comScore
★ What is Gossip Cop? Find out!

The X Factor Canceled After Three Seasons — See Simon Cowell’s Statement Here

Truth rating: 10

By Shari Weiss

(FOX)

FOX no longer has “The X Factor.”

Simon Cowell’s music competition has been canceled after three seasons, it was announced on Friday.

In a statement, Cowell says, “I’ve had a fantastic time over the last 12 years, both on The X Factor and American Idol. And apart from being lucky enough to find some amazing talent on the shows, I have always had an incredible welcome from the American public (most of the time!).”

“Last year, for a number of reasons, I had to make a decision to return to the UK version of The X Factor in 2014,” says the mogul. “So for now, I’m back to the UK and I want to thank Fox for being an incredible partner and I also want to thank everybody who has supported my shows. America, I’ll see you soon!”

FOX chairman Kevin Reilly says in a statement, “To all of us at Fox, Simon is more than one of the most prolific TV personalities of our time — he’s part of our family. A consummate showman and partner, there’s no one more passionate or creative than Simon, and we feel so fortunate to have enjoyed such a wonderful, collaborative relationship with him over the past 12 years.”

“Unfortunately, there is no X FACTOR USA without Simon Cowell, but we understand and support his decision to focus on the international formats and on the next phase of his personal life,” says Reilly, adding, “We wish him the very best, and it’s our sincere hope that we work together again soon.”

Despite the franchise’s international success and featuring big-name judges through the years, including Paula Abdul, Demi Lovato, and Britney Spears, the show struggled to find an audience in the U.S.

None of its three winners – Melanie Amaro, Tate Stevens, and Alex & Sierra – have become breakout artists.

 


  1. Gossip Cop
  2. Mediaite
  3. Styleite
  4. SportsGrid
  5. The Mary Sue
  6. The Braiser
CloseSubscribe to Gossip Cop's newsletter: