Winter Olympics Gold medalist Evan Lysacek dating golden Summer Olympian Nastia Liukin
8:39 am, February 22nd, 2010
The pair first met while performing on NBC’s ”Skating & Gymnastics Spectacular” in 2008. But it wasn’t until they attended the ESPY Awards together last July that the relationship started to heat up between the skater and the gymnast.
“It’s just a friendship that has developed into something more,” Lysacek’s rep told Us Weekly.
And Liukin herself confirmed to People magazine that the two were dating.
“Even though we’re not in the same sport,” Liukin explained, “we got to connect at the same level because there’s nothing like the Olympics. It was nice to be on other side of things and be the support system.”
And Lysacek appreciates her support. “She been so helpful to me,” he said. “She has been through it herself. If I’m having a bad day, she tells me to have faith and to keep going… And when she tells me things are going to be fine, I really believe it.”
Talk about a golden couple!
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter for the latest accurate celebrity news
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- 11 Celebrities That Have Signed Up To Go To Space
- 21 Celebrity Couples Who Met On Set
- Who Knew Kristen Stewart and Kim Kardashian Had Similar Tastes?
- Gigi Hadid Heats Up Boyfriend Cody Simpson's New Music Video
- The New Kesha: Happy Healthy and Crazy Haired