William & Kate Heckled in Montreal
1:35 pm, July 3rd, 2011
Prince William and Duchess Kate heard from hecklers in Montreal this weekend, as small crowds of demonstrators chanted “Go home parasites!” and “We will never bend!” outside the children’s hospital and cooking workshop visited by the royal newlyweds.
The anti-monarchist protesters, many of them voicing support for a separatist French Quebec, resent Canada’s ties to Britain, whose Queen Elizabeth II is still the North American nation’s official head of state.
Supporters of William and Kate vastly outnumbered hecklers during their appearances in the city, and there were no reports of violence.
It’s expected that the couple could face even more vocal resistance during today’s visit to Quebec City, the heart of French separatism.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Brody Jenner Probably Not Invited To Kim's Wedding?
- Celebrity Tattoos: What Were They Thinking?
- 10 Artists Who Stole Ideas & Never Gave Credit
- A Look Back At Paul Walker's Legacy
- Best Black Celebrity Hairstyles
- Hayden Panettiere's Fake Boobs Look Like This Now
- 10 Rapper's Crazy Cribs
- Perrie Edwards' Many Hair Colors
- Sasha Obama's Sweater Starts Fashion Frenzy
- Memory Lane: Kim Kardashian Through The Years