William & Kate Heckled in Montreal
1:35 pm, July 3rd, 2011
Prince William and Duchess Kate heard from hecklers in Montreal this weekend, as small crowds of demonstrators chanted “Go home parasites!” and “We will never bend!” outside the children’s hospital and cooking workshop visited by the royal newlyweds.
The anti-monarchist protesters, many of them voicing support for a separatist French Quebec, resent Canada’s ties to Britain, whose Queen Elizabeth II is still the North American nation’s official head of state.
Supporters of William and Kate vastly outnumbered hecklers during their appearances in the city, and there were no reports of violence.
It’s expected that the couple could face even more vocal resistance during today’s visit to Quebec City, the heart of French separatism.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Mommy Makeover: Teen Mom Catelynn's Slim Down
- Remember Lisa Turtle? Wait Til You See Her Now!
- The Drew Carey Show: What Ever Happened to Mimi?
- Blonde Bombshell: Anne Hathaway
- Blonde Vs. Brunette Beyonce
- Celebrities With Super Attractive Siblings
- Black Celebrities Who Have Turned White
- Is Justin Bieber Dating Kylie Jenner?
- You Won't Believe Nicky Minaj's Natural Hair
- What Does Ariana Grande's Tattoo Mean To Her?