Will Smith Defends Justin Bieber, Says There’s “A War Against” Young Artists
8:48 pm, April 4th, 2013VIDEO
Asked about their friendship and Bieber’s public ups and downs, Smith tells “Extra,” “Somebody is nineteen years old, they’re gonna do what they’re gonna do just like we did.”
“For me the most important thing was for him to know anytime he can just call and I’ll come, whatever happens,” says Smith. “At that age that’s what you need to know. You can do what ya gonna do, but you have someplace you can go, you can find safety.”
Smith’s wife Jada Pinkett — by his side during the interview — wrote a long Facebook post last month defending Bieber and other young stars, including Rihanna and Taylor Swift, against media “bullying.”
Adds Smith, “We think it hugely important to support artists, young artists specifically. There’s really a war against that kind of artistry, that kind of creation, and against youth.”
Check out the couple’s interview in the video below.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Sandra Bullock Already Has Son Potty Trained
- Melissa Joan Hart Disses and Dishes on Famous Dudes She's Kissed
- Demi Lovato, Selena Gomez, Katy Perry Read Mean Tweets: Watch!
- What The Frock?: Horrible Celeb Fashion Fails
- 10 Celebrity Moms Who Practice Attachment Parenting
- 15 Sexy Celebrity Hairstyles To Try
- Memory Lane: Kim Kardashian Through The Years
- Drake Pulls Out All The Stops For Rihanna
- North West, Is That You? Khloe Kardashian Posts A Picture
- Paul Walker's Incredible Act Of Kindness