Will Smith Defends Justin Bieber, Says There’s “A War Against” Young Artists
8:48 pm, April 4th, 2013VIDEO
Asked about their friendship and Bieber’s public ups and downs, Smith tells “Extra,” “Somebody is nineteen years old, they’re gonna do what they’re gonna do just like we did.”
“For me the most important thing was for him to know anytime he can just call and I’ll come, whatever happens,” says Smith. “At that age that’s what you need to know. You can do what ya gonna do, but you have someplace you can go, you can find safety.”
Smith’s wife Jada Pinkett — by his side during the interview — wrote a long Facebook post last month defending Bieber and other young stars, including Rihanna and Taylor Swift, against media “bullying.”
Adds Smith, “We think it hugely important to support artists, young artists specifically. There’s really a war against that kind of artistry, that kind of creation, and against youth.”
Check out the couple’s interview in the video below.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Ice Cube Slams The Late Paul Walker
- The Hottest Celebrity Hairstyles For Spring 2014
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Kim Kardashian: Airline Passenger Screamed Racist Obscenities at Me
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z