CLAIM: Will & Jada Were “Faking” Split Rumor to Boost HawThoRNe Ratings
8:13 pm, October 19th, 2011
In a piece titled, “Faking Their Break,” Star magazine now claims that (erroneous) split rumors involving Will Smith and Jada Pinkett Smith were nothing more than “a publicity ruse intended to breathe new life in Jada’s show, HawthoRNe.”
The show, not too long afterwards, was canceled.
Regardless, the tabloid maintains, “Boosting HawthoRNe isn’t the only reason Mr. and Mrs. Smith may have spread the rumor.”
According to one of Star‘s sources, the split story was floated because “Jada’s been complaining that she and Will are starting to look like the Brady Bunch, with all the kids now stepping into the spotlight as well.
Adds the source, Jada feels she and her husband are viewed as “too family-friendly” and “too boring.”
Then why not leak a sex tape or rob a bank?
The answer is because those scenarios are just as preposterous as Star‘s theory about “faking” marital strife to “breathe new life” into a TV show.
For good measure, though, Gossip Cop checked with someone who’s close to the couple, and we’re told Star‘s story is “completely false.”
Once again, the only “faking” here is Star‘s attempt at journalism.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- 15 Sexy Celebrity Hairstyles To Try
- 10 Rapper's Crazy Cribs
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Bring Her Ex To Premiere?
- Memory Lane: Kim Kardashian Through The Years
- Lil Wayne Throws Daughter An Extravagant Birthday Party
- Tom Cruise Says He Never 'Abandoned' Suri
- Nelson Mandela Passes Away At Age 95
- Gwyneth Paltrow Wants Kids To Have Perfect Accents
- 10 Artists Who Stole Ideas & Never Gave Credit
- Lorde's Royally Cute Music Video Look