Whoopi Goldberg Announces Mother’s Death On ‘The View’
11:32 am, September 7th, 2010NEWS
At the time, producers released a statement saying Goldberg was returning to the United States to be with her mother.
But today, on the season premiere of “The View,” Goldberg announced that her mother had sadly died a few days after the stroke.
The reveal came in the show’s opening segment when co-host Barbara Walters said to Goldberg that, “This past August was one of the best times of your life and one of the worst times of your life.”
Goldberg then announced, “My mom passed on the 29th of August.”
The normally comedic Goldberg took on a serious, reflective tone as she discussed her mother, Emma, whom she called “one of the best people I think I’ve had the privilege of knowing.”
Goldberg explained that her mom was a teacher of early education, noting, “I don’t think she quite realized how many lives she touched. She was an extraordinary woman.”
She continued, “And really, my brother and I were very, very lucky to have her in our lives. And so, I’m not sad because she had a great time… I think I’m just sad sometimes because I think who will love me the way that she did? But I realized that my brother and I have each other so we’re okay.”
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter for accurate celebrity news!
Check us out on Facebook!
Visit GossipCop.com for the latest!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Is Robyn Ready For Her Comeback?
- The Truth Behind Lana Del Rey's New Music
- Celebs De-Stress in Distressed Jeans
- Actors Who Refuse To Work Together
- Celebs Who Are Famous Because of Their Parents