Whitney Houston’s Final Film, Sparkle, Set for August Release
1:02 pm, February 12th, 2012
The film will include the final songs ever recorded by Houston, reports Billboard.
“Like all those who knew and loved her, we are shocked and saddened and the world has lost an incomparable talent,” read a statement from Sony Pictures, the studio behind the project.
A remake of a 1976 movie, Sparkle stars Jordin Sparks as one three singing sisters who try to achieve stardom despite travails such as drug addiction.
Houston plays the girls’ mother.
Howard Rosenman, one of the producers, said on Saturday that he had just watched a rough cut of the movie, and that Houston “was unbelievably fantastic in it.”
She previously starred in The Bodyguard, Waiting to Exhale and The Preacher’s Wife.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Woah! Old Photos of Kim Kardashian
- 10 Most Shocking And Disturbing Celebrity Couples
- 25 Old Famous Celebrity Couples We Forgot Existed
- The Drew Carey Show: What Ever Happened to Mimi?
- Jessica Simpson's BIG Baby Bump
- 3 Reasons Blue Ivy Is Suspicious
- Remember Lisa Turtle? Wait Til You See Her Now!
- Can You Believe Kim Kardashian Was This Thin?
- Could This Be Kim K.'s Biggest Fashion Fail Yet?
- 24 Celebrities You Didn't Know Were Related