Whitney Houston’s Final Film, Sparkle, Set for August Release
1:02 pm, February 12th, 2012
The film will include the final songs ever recorded by Houston, reports Billboard.
“Like all those who knew and loved her, we are shocked and saddened and the world has lost an incomparable talent,” read a statement from Sony Pictures, the studio behind the project.
A remake of a 1976 movie, Sparkle stars Jordin Sparks as one three singing sisters who try to achieve stardom despite travails such as drug addiction.
Houston plays the girls’ mother.
Howard Rosenman, one of the producers, said on Saturday that he had just watched a rough cut of the movie, and that Houston “was unbelievably fantastic in it.”
She previously starred in The Bodyguard, Waiting to Exhale and The Preacher’s Wife.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- The Most Mysterious Celebrity Deaths
- 10 Artists Who Stole Ideas & Never Gave Credit
- DMX Has Baby Number 12 On The Way!
- North West, Is That You? Khloe Kardashian Posts A Picture
- Memory Lane: Kim Kardashian Through The Years
- Reese Witherspoon's Flirty Red Carpet Waves
- What Are Diddy's Kids Doing To Help The Needy?
- Are Eminem & His Ex-Wife Back Together?
- Best Black Celebrity Hairstyles
- Is Kanye West Finally Embarrassed After Irrational Outburst?