Whitney Houston’s Final Film, Sparkle, Set for August Release
1:02 pm, February 12th, 2012
The film will include the final songs ever recorded by Houston, reports Billboard.
“Like all those who knew and loved her, we are shocked and saddened and the world has lost an incomparable talent,” read a statement from Sony Pictures, the studio behind the project.
A remake of a 1976 movie, Sparkle stars Jordin Sparks as one three singing sisters who try to achieve stardom despite travails such as drug addiction.
Houston plays the girls’ mother.
Howard Rosenman, one of the producers, said on Saturday that he had just watched a rough cut of the movie, and that Houston “was unbelievably fantastic in it.”
She previously starred in The Bodyguard, Waiting to Exhale and The Preacher’s Wife.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- 15 Sexy Celebrity Hairstyles To Try
- Brody Jenner Probably Not Invited To Kim's Wedding?
- Celebrity Tattoos: What Were They Thinking?
- 9 Reasons Solange's Son Is Hollywood's Coolest Kid
- Tia Mowry Makes Time For Son & Nephew
- Westboro Baptist Church's Sickening Paul Walker Funeral Plan
- How You Can Keep One Direction Together
- Are Britney Spears And Her Boyfriend On The Rocks?
- Will Jay Z's Next Single Top The Charts?
- Miley Cyrus Wants To Shock You