Whitney Houston’s Movie Sparkle Getting Early Release Date?
4:17 pm, February 28th, 2012EXCLUSIVE
“Whitney Houston’s final movie is on the fast track to hit theaters much earlier than originally planned,” begins a TMZ post under the headline, “Producers Scrambling to Release Final Movie ASAP.”
According to the generally reliable site, the reason for the “earlier” release of Houston’s Sparkle is “partly due to fears that people will leak Whitney’s scenes and music… spoiling the flick for everyone. ”
TMZ goes on to claim its “sources” say people are working on Sparkle “‘around the clock’ to finish post-production work on the movie as quickly as possible,” well before when “Sony was hoping to release the movie in August.”
While that all sounds very dramatic, it’s simply NOT accurate.
A spokesman for Sony tells Gossip Cop exclusively, “There is zero truth to this story.”
Houston tragically died on February 11 in a room in the Beverly Hilton Hotel.
As we previously reported, her remake of the 1976 film Sparkle is set to hit theaters in August.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- The Brattiest Celebrity Kids
- The Most Educated Rappers In The Game
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actress Adopts Her 'Direwolf'
- NBA Star Ray Allen Is One Lucky Man
- 8 Aww-Inspiring Baby Photos Of Celeb Kids
- What The Frock?: Horrible Celeb Fashion Fails
- Courtney Stodden's Risque Cleavage-Bearing Mini-Dress
- Kendall Jenner Gets A Completely New Look
- Michael Phelps' New Girlfriend Spills Juicy Details About Their Relationship
- Does Will Smith Think Jada's Style Is Whack?