Whitney Houston Funeral Set for Saturday
10:16 am, February 14th, 2012
Whitney Houston’s private funeral will be held at noon on Saturday at New Hope Baptist Church in Newark, New Jersey.
It’s the same church where Houston sang while growing up, developing the talents that would make her one of the world’s most acclaimed and beloved singers.
The owner of the Whigham Funeral Home, which is making the arrangements, confirmed the plans on Tuesday.
Previous reports had speculated that the service would take place on Friday, possibly at the city’s much larger Prudential Center.
Houston, who died on Saturday in Beverly Hills, was born in Newark and raised in East Orange, NJ.
Her body was flown back to her home state on Monday night.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Proof That Rihanna & Drake Are Officially Together
- A Look Back At Paul Walker's Legacy
- Selena Gomez's Hairstyle Evolution
- Snag Julianne Hough's Totally Dreamy French Braided Halo
- You Don't Like Gwyneth Paltrow? She Doesn't Care!
- Brody Jenner Probably Not Invited To Kim's Wedding?
- Who Said Cameron Diaz Sounded "Too Rihanna?"
- Beyonce Spoke To Blue Ivy While Giving Birth?
- Exes Kate Moss & Johnny Depp Are Reuniting
- 10 Celebrity Moms Who Practice Attachment Parenting