National Enquirer Crosses Line, Shows Photos of Dead Whitney Houston
12:18 pm, February 22nd, 2012
The National Enquirer frequently sets the bar very, very low.
But the tabloid really crossed the line this week when it decided to publish a cover story featuring a photo of Whitney Houston in an open casket at the Whigham Funeral Home in New Jersey before her burial last weekend.
That’s right: The magazine somehow thought it was appropriate to put an unauthorized picture of the late singer’s dead body on every newsstand in America.
It’s not appropriate.
Actually, it’s astoundingly poor taste and low stooping, even by the Enquirer’s standards.
And it represents the very worst of predatory paparazzi culture.
There’s no reason why the public at large needs to see Houston’s lifeless body.
Almost as jaw-dropping as the decision to show the photo itself is the Enquirer’s total lack of self-awareness in “reporting” on Houston’s private viewing.
The tabloid says Houston was “finally at peace after a tumultuous and troubled life in the spotlight.”
But the Enquirer invaded that “peace” by sticking cameras into the casket.
The mag adds, “This was the emotional private viewing that her legions of fans never saw, a time for Whitney’s loved ones to say a heartfelt goodbye with their tears and prayers.”
And the Enquirer trampled on those loved ones’ final moments with Houston, turning what should have been an out-of-view private time for reflection into tabloid spectacle.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- You Don't Like Gwyneth Paltrow? She Doesn't Care!
- Snag Julianne Hough's Totally Dreamy French Braided Halo
- A Cute Daddy Daughter Moment Courtesy Of Jay Z
- Jennifer Lawrence's Sexy Stilettos are Affordable Too
- Shonda Rhimes Says She Didn't Adopt Third Child
- Westboro Baptist Church's Sickening Paul Walker Funeral Plan
- 25 Old Famous Celebrity Couples We Forgot Existed
- Reggie Bush Disses Kim & Kanye On Instagram
- Jay-Z's Teaching Blue Ivy Something He Never Learned
- What Did Kanye Spend $2 Million On For North?