Whitney Houston Dies at 48
8:06 pm, February 11th, 2012
Whitney Houston died on Saturday afternoon.
She was 48.
Houston was pronounced dead at 3:55 p.m. in her room on the fourth floor of the Beverly Hilton Hotel, police officials told reporters.
No cause of death has been announced, nor did authorities observe any ”obvious signs of any criminal intent.”
Houston, a six-time Grammy Award winner, was expected to make an appearance at a pre-Grammys party on Saturday night.
One of the biggest music stars of the 1980s and 1990s, Houston became one of the biggest-selling recording artists in the world before drug use and a drama-filled marriage to Bobby Brown derailed her career.
She starred in motion pictures including Waiting to Exhale and The Bodyguard.
Gifted with one of the best voices in the music industry’s history, Houston sold nearly 200 million albums worldwide, was the force behind the best-selling soundtrack in history (The Bodyguard) and the best-selling gospel album in history (The Preacher’s Wife).
Houston is survived by ex-husband Brown and their daughter, Bobbi Kristina.
Gossip Cop will have updates…
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
WATCH – Whitney Houston National Anthem Before Super Bowl XXV:
WATCH – “I Will Always Love You”:
You might like:
- Brody Jenner Probably Not Invited To Kim's Wedding?
- Beyonce And Jay Z's Cutest Family Pics!
- Gwyneth Paltrow Wants Kids To Have Perfect Accents
- Niall Horan Gets Dream Date With Katy Perry?
- All-Time Hottest Celebs with Facial Hair
- Tia Mowry Makes Time For Son & Nephew
- Paul Walker's Incredible Act Of Kindness
- 6 Magazine Cover Hairstyles You Can Easily Recreate
- Nick Cannon Impostor Pulls Off Jewelry Heist
- Wayne Marshall Enjoys Daddy Duty