Whitney Houston Dies at 48
8:06 pm, February 11th, 2012
Whitney Houston died on Saturday afternoon.
She was 48.
Houston was pronounced dead at 3:55 p.m. in her room on the fourth floor of the Beverly Hilton Hotel, police officials told reporters.
No cause of death has been announced, nor did authorities observe any ”obvious signs of any criminal intent.”
Houston, a six-time Grammy Award winner, was expected to make an appearance at a pre-Grammys party on Saturday night.
One of the biggest music stars of the 1980s and 1990s, Houston became one of the biggest-selling recording artists in the world before drug use and a drama-filled marriage to Bobby Brown derailed her career.
She starred in motion pictures including Waiting to Exhale and The Bodyguard.
Gifted with one of the best voices in the music industry’s history, Houston sold nearly 200 million albums worldwide, was the force behind the best-selling soundtrack in history (The Bodyguard) and the best-selling gospel album in history (The Preacher’s Wife).
Houston is survived by ex-husband Brown and their daughter, Bobbi Kristina.
Gossip Cop will have updates…
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
WATCH – Whitney Houston National Anthem Before Super Bowl XXV:
WATCH – “I Will Always Love You”:
You might like:
- Kendall Jenner Admits Being A Kardashian Ruined Her Childhood
- You Won't Believe Nicky Minaj's Natural Hair
- Is Justin Bieber Dating Kylie Jenner?
- Which Celebs Are Barely Recognizable Without Makeup?
- Amanda Bynes' Scary and Strange Twitter Photos
- You Won't Believe What Topanga Looks Like Now
- Kim Kardashian's Swollen Feet Scream For Help
- Mommy Makeover: Teen Mom Catelynn's Slim Down
- Hayley Williams Greets Fans In Great Graphics
- Reese Witherspoon Goes Back to Her Signature Look