Whitney Houston Laid to Rest in NJ
11:48 am, February 19th, 2012
Whitney Houston has been laid to rest next to her father, John Russell Houston, Jr., who died in 2003.
The singer’s remains were brought on Sunday to the Fairview Cemetery in Westfield, NJ in a gold-colored hearse and followed an SUV filled with flowers.
Houston was buried before a small gathering of family members.
On Saturday, a slew of famous friends and family came out to pay their respects at Houston’s funeral.
Among the notables at the service was Tyler Perry, who told mourners assembled at the New Hope Baptist Church in Newark that nothing the late singer went through “was enough to separate her from the love of God.”
Houston died at 48 on February 11.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Did Kim Kardashian Wax Her Babies Eyebrows?
- Celebrity Breakups: Who Called it Quits in 2013?
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Kate Bosworth's New Red Hair - Makeover or Makeunder?
- Demi Lovato Rocks The Skrillex Look
- 10 Famous Couples Who Should Never Split Up
- 9 Celebs Who Married Average Joes
- Celebrities Remember Their First Kiss