Whitney Houston Laid to Rest in NJ
11:48 am, February 19th, 2012
Whitney Houston has been laid to rest next to her father, John Russell Houston, Jr., who died in 2003.
The singer’s remains were brought on Sunday to the Fairview Cemetery in Westfield, NJ in a gold-colored hearse and followed an SUV filled with flowers.
Houston was buried before a small gathering of family members.
On Saturday, a slew of famous friends and family came out to pay their respects at Houston’s funeral.
Among the notables at the service was Tyler Perry, who told mourners assembled at the New Hope Baptist Church in Newark that nothing the late singer went through “was enough to separate her from the love of God.”
Houston died at 48 on February 11.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Is Robyn Ready For Her Comeback?
- The Truth Behind Lana Del Rey's New Music
- Celebs De-Stress in Distressed Jeans
- Actors Who Refuse To Work Together
- Celebs Who Are Famous Because of Their Parents