The White Stripes Break Up
1:20 pm, February 2nd, 2011
The White Stripes have called it quits.
The rock duo cite a “myriad of reasons” for the breakup, but hope to “preserve what is beautiful and special about the band.”
“The White Stripes do not belong to Meg and Jack anymore. The White Stripes belong to you now and you can do with it whatever you want,” the duo tell their fans.
“Thank you for sharing this experience.”
Jack White has recently been working more with his other bands, The Dead Weather and The Raconteurs.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter for accurate celebrity news!
Check us out on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Is Robyn Ready For Her Comeback?
- The Truth Behind Lana Del Rey's New Music
- Celebs De-Stress in Distressed Jeans
- Actors Who Refuse To Work Together
- Celebs Who Are Famous Because of Their Parents