Wheel of Fortune Airs Fast and the Furious Puzzle in “Unfortunate Coincidence” After Paul Walker Death (VIDEO)
11:43 am, December 3rd, 2013VIDEO
“Wheel of Fortune” had some really bad timing on Monday.
The game show broadcast an episode, pre-taped several weeks ago, that included The Fast and the Furious as the answer to a “movie title” puzzle.
Of course, that film’s star, Paul Walker, died in a car crash over the weekend.
The poor timing was acknowledged by a scroll that ran across the top of the screen, indicating that the show was done well before Walker’s “tragic passing.”
Host Pat Sajak tweeted, “Feel terrible about timing of ‘Fast & Furious’ puzzle tonight. Taped long ago & went out to 200 local stations days ago.”
The official “Wheel of Fortune” Twitter account posted the following message: “The hearts of everyone at Wheel of Fortune go out to the family, friends & fans of Paul Walker.”
As for the puzzle, it was an “unfortunately coincidence.”
Take a look at the poorly timed puzzle in the video below.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Did Kim Kardashian Wax Her Babies Eyebrows?
- Celebrity Breakups: Who Called it Quits in 2013?
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Teen Mom 2's Kailyn's Bitter Custody Battle with Jo
- Lisa Vanderpump and Brandi Glanville's Over-the-Top Passive Aggressive Posts
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Both Khloe and Kourtney Kardashian's Homes Robbed!
- Khloe Kardashian to Make Bieber's Party Pad Her Own