WENN Will it End? Sites take Robert Pattinson’s “Fight for Attention” joking as fact
10:54 am, November 15th, 2009
Now, in all seriousness, the celebrity site WENN contends Pattinson tried to impress Stewart “by faking a love of highbrow films.”
Using “Twilight” director Catherine Hardwicke’s recent discussion of multiplex idols Pattinson and Stewart’s oft-speculated romance as a starting point, WENN takes as fact (and seriously) that Pattinson “asked Stewart to marry him several times a week” and had to “fight for her attention” by feigning interest in intellectual books and films.
According to the item, picked up by other outlets, Pattinson says, “I thought to myself, because she’s so serious, I’ve got to be really serious. I felt like an idiot just following her around saying, ‘You really should read some Zola, and there’s this amazing Truffaut movie.’ She started calling me on things. She would ask, ‘Have you actually watched this movie? What’s it about?’”
The problem is, that while Pattinson DID say those things, he was joking, but several media outlets are taking it as if he was serious about asking Stewart to marry him.
Again, let Pattinson and Stewart promote “New Moon,” and if they seriously want to discuss the nature of their relationship, let them — on their owns terms.
You might like:
- Beyonce Accidentally Posts Pic Of Her Old Nose
- '90s Hairstyles We Thought Were Absolutely Cool
- Celebrities Side Business Revealed
- Kardashian Family Xmas Kards Through the Years
- 13 Most Surprising Celebrity Couples
- Bethenny Frankel On Getting Talk Show Guests to Open Up
- What Are Celebs Saying About The Grammy Nominations?
- 30 Scientologists You'll Probably Recognize
- Kris Jenner Gushes About Kanye West
- Paul Walker Dies From Automobile Accident