Wayne Coyne Causes Grenade Scare at Airport; Flaming Lips Frontman Apologizes
2:12 pm, November 20th, 2012
Wayne Coyne of The Flaming Lips shut down the Oklahoma City airport earlier this month when he accidentally packed a grenade in his bag.
The incident occurred on November 10, when TSA officials discovered the grenade — which was not “live” — in the singer’s belongings at a security checkpoint.
Airport personnel were forced to close down the terminal, causing missed flights and other headaches for travelers.
According to the police report, Coyne explained that he’d been given the grenade at a party the previous week but “said it was dead and painted.”
A bomb specialist eventually arrived on the scene and confirmed that Coyne’s weapon was harmless.
The musician told authorities he “should have known better,” and was released.
He later tweeted, ”Sorry Sorry Sorry!! Everyone that was inconvenienced because of my grenade at OKC airport!!”
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Scarlett Johansson's 10 Sexiest Looks
- Drake Pulls Out All The Stops For Rihanna
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actress Adopts Her 'Direwolf'
- Kris Humphries Auctions Off Kim Kardashian's Ring
- How You Can Keep One Direction Together
- Brad Pitt: Sexy But Smelly?
- Who Said Cameron Diaz Sounded "Too Rihanna?"
- You Won't Believe Nicky Minaj's Natural Hair
- What Happened to Miley Cyrus' Eyebrows?
- DMX Has Baby Number 12 On The Way!