Wayne Coyne Causes Grenade Scare at Airport; Flaming Lips Frontman Apologizes
2:12 pm, November 20th, 2012
Wayne Coyne of The Flaming Lips shut down the Oklahoma City airport earlier this month when he accidentally packed a grenade in his bag.
The incident occurred on November 10, when TSA officials discovered the grenade — which was not “live” — in the singer’s belongings at a security checkpoint.
Airport personnel were forced to close down the terminal, causing missed flights and other headaches for travelers.
According to the police report, Coyne explained that he’d been given the grenade at a party the previous week but “said it was dead and painted.”
A bomb specialist eventually arrived on the scene and confirmed that Coyne’s weapon was harmless.
The musician told authorities he “should have known better,” and was released.
He later tweeted, ”Sorry Sorry Sorry!! Everyone that was inconvenienced because of my grenade at OKC airport!!”
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Did Kim Kardashian Wax Her Babies Eyebrows?
- Celebrity Breakups: Who Called it Quits in 2013?
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Teen Mom 2's Kailyn's Bitter Custody Battle with Jo
- Lisa Vanderpump and Brandi Glanville's Over-the-Top Passive Aggressive Posts
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Both Khloe and Kourtney Kardashian's Homes Robbed!
- Khloe Kardashian to Make Bieber's Party Pad Her Own