Wave Goodbye to Hello! Mag Jennifer Aniston Interview
4:57 pm, September 15th, 2009
Get ready for a new round of exaggerated “JenGer” rumors.
Many big outlets picked up a recent Hello! magazine ‘interview’ in which Jennifer Aniston responds to a question about “The Bounty” co-star Gerard Butler by calling him “magical.” Gossip sites seized upon the word and stirred new speculation that the two stars had become romantic.
The only “magical” thing here is how context can – poof – vanish in a snap.
1. There was no interview with Hello! magazine. Aniston’s representative tells Gossip Cop that the “magical” comment was taken from a recent Hollywood Foreign Press Association press conference promoting Aniston’s new movie with Aaron Eckhart, “Love Happens.”
2. Look at the full quote Aniston gave: “Whether I’m seeing someone or not is nobody’s business but my own. I will say that Gerry Butler is a great person. He’s absolutely fantastic and yes, magical would be a word that I’d throw in there, too. But the rest is my business. No harm in keeping people guessing, right?”
No harm at all, except that complimenting your co-star these days is sure to result in a sound bite the media can manipulate to fit their story.
Gossip Cop knows that Aniston and Butler are just good “Friends” – and that’s all.
You might like:
- Does Will Smith Think Jada's Style Is Whack?
- Drake Pulls Out All The Stops For Rihanna
- 6 Magazine Cover Hairstyles You Can Easily Recreate
- 32 Celeb Moms We Have Serious Crushes On
- 30 Child Actors Who Died Young
- John Mayer & Katy Perry's Romantic Photoshoot
- Who Does Naya Rivera Want To Collaborate With?
- Double Date With Kanye West And Kim Kardashian
- Melissa Joan Hart Disses and Dishes on Famous Dudes She's Kissed
- Best Black Celebrity Hairstyles