Washington Navy Yard Shooting: Celebrities React on Twitter to Horror
6:27 pm, September 16th, 2013
Gunmen killed at least 12 people at the Washington Navy Yard on Monday, murdering office workers at a military installation near Capitol Hill and the White House.
One of the assailants, Aaron Alexis, was shot dead by law enforcement personnel; it’s believed that at least one more suspect is still at large.
No clear motive for the shooting rampage has been established.
President Obama — and many celebrities — responded on Twitter to the horrific event.
See what some of them had to say below.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter.
Like us on Facebook.
"We send our thoughts and prayers to all at the Navy Yard who've been touched by this tragedy." —President Obama
— Barack Obama (@BarackObama) September 16, 2013
My thoughts and prayers go out to all those affected by the tragedy at the Washington Navy Yard #NavyYardShooting
— Dr. Mehmet Oz (@DrOz) September 16, 2013
My thoughts and prayers go out to everyone in Colorado dealing with the floods and also to everyone in D.C at the Navy Ship Yard shooting!
— Michael Strahan (@michaelstrahan) September 16, 2013
thinking about everyone at the Navy Yard in DC affected by this shooting. hopefully this will get resolved soon. ck
— Lady Antebellum (@ladyantebellum) September 16, 2013
My thoughts and prayers go out to all those affected by the tragedy at Washington Navy Yard.
— Ken Jeong (@kenjeong) September 16, 2013
Another mass shooting. So sad. My heart goes out to the families and loved ones of the victims of the #NavyYardShooting.
— Ricky Martin (@ricky_martin) September 16, 2013
crazy what happened in DC this morning #NavyYardShooting our hearts and prayers go out to the families of the victims
— Pitbull (@Pitbull) September 16, 2013
— Sophia Bush (@SophiaBush) September 16, 2013
My heart goes out to the victims and their loved ones of the #NavyYardShooting today.
— Lauren Conrad (@LaurenConrad) September 16, 2013
The #NavyYardShooting is quite sad. My heart goes out to the victims' families.
— Marlee Matlin (@MarleeMatlin) September 16, 2013
You might like:
- Beyonce Turns a Blind Eye: Is Her Little Brother Homeless?
- Bethenny and Jason Hoppy's Daughter Ordered To Undergo Evaluation
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- 10 Best Celebrity Quotes About Being Pregnant
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- Super Geeky Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hotties