Wanda Sykes Reveals She Had Breast Cancer & Double Mastectomy [EXCLUSIVE]
7:33 pm, September 22nd, 2011EXCLUSIVE
Wanda Sykes just revealed she had breast cancer, and a double mastectomy.
The comedienne taped an appearance on “Ellen” moments ago when she discussed — for the first time ever — that she had breast cancer.
Sykes told Ellen DeGeneres that she went in to have breast reduction surgery in February, and that’s when the cancer was detected.
Gossip Cop was told exclusively by an audience member that Sykes said she had a double mastectomy in August, and went back on the road with her stand-up routine a month later.
The episode airs on Monday.
Check out a video clip of Sykes on “Ellen” below.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Kim Kardashian: Airline Passenger Screamed Racist Obscenities at Me
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z
- What 'Teen Mom' Star Just Bought a House?