Vittorio Missoni, Fashion Exec, Missing After Plane Disappears Off Venezuela
11:54 am, January 5th, 2013
Vittorio Missoni, the fashion executive, is missing after a plane carrying him and his wife disappeared off the coast of Venezuela on Friday.
The small twin-engine craft took off from the resort of Los Roques with Missoni and Maurizia Castiglioni on board with another couple and two crew members.
A sea-and-air search-and-rescue mission is currently underway.
“It disappeared yesterday. They have been looking for it with helicopters and ships, but have not found anything yet. They are still searching for it this morning,” said the Italian consul in Venezuela on Saturday.
Vitorrio and his siblings Luca and Angela are co-owners of the fashion house founded by their parents Ottavio and Rosita.
A spokesperson for the company said, “The Missoni family has been informed by the Venezuelan Consulate that Vittorio Missoni and his wife are missing, but we don’t know any more.”
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Kim Kardashian: Airline Passenger Screamed Racist Obscenities at Me
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z
- What 'Teen Mom' Star Just Bought a House?
- Khloe Kardashian Throws a Fit Over Joan Rivers' Prank