Vittorio Missoni, Fashion Exec, Missing After Plane Disappears Off Venezuela
11:54 am, January 5th, 2013
Vittorio Missoni, the fashion executive, is missing after a plane carrying him and his wife disappeared off the coast of Venezuela on Friday.
The small twin-engine craft took off from the resort of Los Roques with Missoni and Maurizia Castiglioni on board with another couple and two crew members.
A sea-and-air search-and-rescue mission is currently underway.
“It disappeared yesterday. They have been looking for it with helicopters and ships, but have not found anything yet. They are still searching for it this morning,” said the Italian consul in Venezuela on Saturday.
Vitorrio and his siblings Luca and Angela are co-owners of the fashion house founded by their parents Ottavio and Rosita.
A spokesperson for the company said, “The Missoni family has been informed by the Venezuelan Consulate that Vittorio Missoni and his wife are missing, but we don’t know any more.”
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- 35 Of Hollywood's Hottest Moms
- Drake Chose This Chick Over Rihanna?
- Diddy Throws A Star Studded Pool Party
- Julianne Hough Is Looking Very Different These Days
- Top 10 Picks to Play Christian Grey
- Child Stars Turned Child Brides
- Usher's Girlfriend Is An Alicia Keys Lookalike!
- 10 Artists Who Stole Ideas & Never Gave Credit
- You Don't Like Gwyneth Paltrow? She Doesn't Care!
- Kris Humphries Auctions Off Kim Kardashian's Ring