Ellen Responds To JC Penney Protests: “Haters Are My Motivators” (VIDEO)
10:10 pm, February 7th, 2012
Last week, the family values group OneMillionMoms.com urged the retailer to cut ties with DeGeneres, a request JC Penney has rejected.
On her show, DeGeneres also fires back, saying, “Normally I try not to pay attention to my haters – but this time I’d like to talk about it because my haters are my motivators.”
“I’m proud and happy to say that JC Penney stuck by their decision to make me their spokesperson,” she adds. “Which is great news for me because I also need some new crew socks. I’m really going to clean up with this discount.”
DeGeneres explained that while she usually doesn’t “talk about stuff like this” on her weekday show, she wanted “to thank everyone who is supporting me.”
The former sitcom star, who famously came out of the closet in 1997, also revealed some of the values she believes in.
“If you’re just watching maybe for the first time or you’re just getting to know me, I want to be clear. Here are the values I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you’d want to be treated and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values,” DeGeneres says.
Check out the video below!
For DeGeneres’ full response, tune in to “The Ellen DeGeneres Show” tomorrow.
What do you think of DeGeneres comments?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Bring Her Ex To Premiere?
- The Most Educated Rappers In The Game
- Who Does Naya Rivera Want To Collaborate With?
- Beyonce Spoke To Blue Ivy While Giving Birth?
- Reese Witherspoon's Flirty Red Carpet Waves
- John Mayer & Katy Perry's Romantic Photoshoot
- Jada Pinkett's M.O.: Rescue Willow From Hollywood!
- Kris Humphries Auctions Off Kim Kardashian's Ring
- Wayne Marshall Enjoys Daddy Duty
- Owen Wilson Gets His Personal Trainer Pregnant