Victoria Carriger, Mom of 8, Stuns With Emotional Kelly Clarkson Cover on X Factor
8:45 pm, September 26th, 2013VIDEO
Victoria Carriger shocked the judges with her raspy and emotional voice on “The X Factor” on Thursday.
The Missourian revealed she’s a mom of eight, raising her kids (ages 4-20) essentially on her own after separating from her husband, and chose to perform Kelly Clarkson‘s “Because of You” to express some of the issues she’s dealing with.
The panel was both blown away by Carriger’s voice, and moved by her poignant performance.
Simon Cowell told her afterward, “Victoria, I genuinely had written you off before you started singing, but I was not expecting that.”
“Through that song, I think I’m beginning to understand your story now,” he went on. “You had a point to prove there, right? I thought that was extraordinary.”
Paulina Rubio said, “When you started singing with that raspy voice to him, and to them I bet, I felt your pain. I felt your love for your family. And I’m so glad I’m in front of you.”
And Demi Lovato told Carriger, “It was very unique. I feel the pain in your voice, and I’m rooting for you.”
Check out the powerful video below!
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Is Robyn Ready For Her Comeback?
- The Truth Behind Lana Del Rey's New Music
- Celebs De-Stress in Distressed Jeans
- Actors Who Refuse To Work Together
- Celebs Who Are Famous Because of Their Parents