Victoria Carriger, Mom of 8, Stuns With Emotional Kelly Clarkson Cover on X Factor
8:45 pm, September 26th, 2013VIDEO
Victoria Carriger shocked the judges with her raspy and emotional voice on “The X Factor” on Thursday.
The Missourian revealed she’s a mom of eight, raising her kids (ages 4-20) essentially on her own after separating from her husband, and chose to perform Kelly Clarkson‘s “Because of You” to express some of the issues she’s dealing with.
The panel was both blown away by Carriger’s voice, and moved by her poignant performance.
Simon Cowell told her afterward, “Victoria, I genuinely had written you off before you started singing, but I was not expecting that.”
“Through that song, I think I’m beginning to understand your story now,” he went on. “You had a point to prove there, right? I thought that was extraordinary.”
Paulina Rubio said, “When you started singing with that raspy voice to him, and to them I bet, I felt your pain. I felt your love for your family. And I’m so glad I’m in front of you.”
And Demi Lovato told Carriger, “It was very unique. I feel the pain in your voice, and I’m rooting for you.”
Check out the powerful video below!
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- 6 Magazine Cover Hairstyles You Can Easily Recreate
- Lady Gaga Debuts Flying Dress
- Scarlett Johansson's 10 Sexiest Looks
- Kim Kardashian's Mommy Time With North West
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actress Adopts Her 'Direwolf'
- The Most Educated Rappers In The Game
- Child Stars Turned Child Brides
- Who Said Cameron Diaz Sounded "Too Rihanna?"
- 35 Of Hollywood's Hottest Moms
- Exes Kate Moss & Johnny Depp Are Reuniting