“Very Serious” Threats Keep Johnny Weir in Olympic Village
12:24 pm, February 13th, 2010
U.S. figure skater Johnny Weir is staying at the Olympic village in Vancouver after receiving what he termed “very serious threats” from anti-fur activists.
Animal-rights activists condemned Weir last month after he decided to add white fox fur to the shoulder of his costume for the free skate at the United States Figure Skating Championships. He has previously talked about not enjoying his experience at the Olympic village in Turin four years ago.
Weir is sharing a suite with ice dancer Tanith Belbin.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter for the latest in accurate celebrity news.
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Ice Cube Slams The Late Paul Walker
- The Hottest Celebrity Hairstyles For Spring 2014
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Kim Kardashian: Airline Passenger Screamed Racist Obscenities at Me
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z