“Very Serious” Threats Keep Johnny Weir in Olympic Village
12:24 pm, February 13th, 2010
U.S. figure skater Johnny Weir is staying at the Olympic village in Vancouver after receiving what he termed “very serious threats” from anti-fur activists.
Animal-rights activists condemned Weir last month after he decided to add white fox fur to the shoulder of his costume for the free skate at the United States Figure Skating Championships. He has previously talked about not enjoying his experience at the Olympic village in Turin four years ago.
Weir is sharing a suite with ice dancer Tanith Belbin.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter for the latest in accurate celebrity news.
You might like:
- NBA Star Ray Allen Is One Lucky Man
- The Most Educated Rappers In The Game
- Renee Zellweger Looks Hardly Recognizable
- What The Frock?: Horrible Celeb Fashion Fails
- Does Will Smith Think Jada's Style Is Whack?
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actress Adopts Her 'Direwolf'
- Courtney Stodden's Risque Cleavage-Bearing Mini-Dress
- 8 Aww-Inspiring Baby Photos Of Celeb Kids
- Kendall Jenner Gets A Completely New Look
- Did Beyonce & Jay-Z Chemically Process Blue Ivy's Hair?