Vanessa Hudgens & Zac Efron ‘Engaged’ in False Report
7:57 am, August 17th, 2009
The British newspaper News of the World ran a story, picked up by the blogs, that the “High School Musical” stars were getting married. The paper even quoted Hudgens as saying, “We haven’t set a date and if we did we’d keep it secret for as long as possible.” According to quotes attributed to Hudgens – the subject recently of more leaked nude photos – there’s a good reason they’re keeping their wedding date hush hush: “What if one of us was offered a major film part? Then we’d have to postpone our marriage and people would say we’d split up. And we don’t want that.” Of course.
Well, the News of the World can’t pull the veil over Gossip Cop’s eyes. We made our calls, sent our e-mails, and found out the young lovers are NOT engaged. Hudgens’ spokeswoman told Gossip Cop the story is “not true,” and didn’t even think her client spoke to the News of the World.
Gossip Cop reached out to the editors at the News of the World for a response, but have yet to hear back. Not even the Wildcat cheerleaders can dance around this one.
You might like:
- Beyonce Accidentally Posts Pic Of Her Old Nose
- Celebrities Side Business Revealed
- '90s Hairstyles We Thought Were Absolutely Cool
- 30 Scientologists You'll Probably Recognize
- A$AP Rocky & His Supermodel Girlfriend Get Fancy
- Is Blake Lively Trying To Revive Her Career?
- Kourtney Kardashian & Scott Disick's Crazy College Party
- Kris Jenner Gushes About Kanye West
- What Are Celebs Saying About The Grammy Nominations?
- Leonor Varela's Edgy Hairstyle