Usher Gets Restraining Order Against Alleged Stalker Who Claimed To Be “Wife”
6:29 pm, June 28th, 2012
Usher says he’s being stalked by a woman who claims she’s his wife.
The superstar performer has reportedly been granted a temporary restraining order against Darshelle Jones-Rakestraw, who is alleged to have harassed Usher and his family at his home in Georgia on June 23.
Police were alerted and warned the 26-year-old Jones-Rakestraw to leave the premises, only she returned to the property on June 24, at which point Jones-Rakestraw allegedly tried to convince the cops she was Usher’s wife and had lost her keys.
She was subsequently arrested.
Usher has now gotten the restraining order, having told authorities that Jones-Rakestraw “placed [him] in reasonable fear for his own safety and/or the safety of his immediate family,” according to court documents obtained by TMZ.
A hearing has been set for July to determine whether to make the order permanent.
But Jones-Rakestraw is not going quietly.
In a video posted to YouTube, the woman claims Usher has been sending her money and promising to help her professionally.
“I’m not a stalker,” insists Jones-Rakestraw, adding that she’s “disgruntled” and “hurt” by Usher’s alleged “defamation.”
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Bring Her Ex To Premiere?
- Kanye Won't Be Happy About Drake's New Endorsement
- Double Date With Kanye West And Kim Kardashian
- Tyrese's Heartbreaking Tribute To Paul Walker
- Nelson Mandela Passes Away At Age 95
- Jack McBrayer Talks Life After "30 Rock"
- Best Black Celebrity Hairstyles
- Is Lil Mama TLC's Permanent Left Eye Replacement?
- Remember Miley Cyrus' Old Image?
- Match Up!: What Pup Belongs To Which Celeb?