Usher Thanks “True Heroes” Who Saved Son’s Life – SEE STATEMENT HERE!
10:41 pm, August 7th, 2013
Usher is breaking his silence on the life-threatening pool accident involving his son, Usher Raymond V.
As Gossip Cop previously reported, the 5-year-old nearly drowned on Monday when he got his arm stuck in the swimming pool’s drain at the singer’s Atlanta home.
He’s been recovering in intensive care ever since, though his condition has improved greatly, with the little boy now talking and eating.
In a statement released Wednesday night, Usher says:
“I am blessed and fortunate to say that my son Usher V is doing well and is recovering. I am overwhelmed by the outpouring of prayers, love and support for my family’s well-being. I would like to thank my Aunt Rena as well as the doctors and nurses who are working with us around the clock. I would especially like to thank the two men who saved my son’s life, Eugene Stachurski and Ben Crews. They are true heroes and I am deeply grateful to them.”
Usher’s ex-wife and the mother of his two sons, Tameka Foster, is now seeking temporary primary custody of the boys, arguing that the Grammy winner isn’t providing suitable care.
An emergency hearing has been scheduled for Friday.
Gossip Cop will have updates.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Kim Kardashian: Airline Passenger Screamed Racist Obscenities at Me
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z
- What 'Teen Mom' Star Just Bought a House?