Usher Thanks “True Heroes” Who Saved Son’s Life – SEE STATEMENT HERE!
10:41 pm, August 7th, 2013
Usher is breaking his silence on the life-threatening pool accident involving his son, Usher Raymond V.
As Gossip Cop previously reported, the 5-year-old nearly drowned on Monday when he got his arm stuck in the swimming pool’s drain at the singer’s Atlanta home.
He’s been recovering in intensive care ever since, though his condition has improved greatly, with the little boy now talking and eating.
In a statement released Wednesday night, Usher says:
“I am blessed and fortunate to say that my son Usher V is doing well and is recovering. I am overwhelmed by the outpouring of prayers, love and support for my family’s well-being. I would like to thank my Aunt Rena as well as the doctors and nurses who are working with us around the clock. I would especially like to thank the two men who saved my son’s life, Eugene Stachurski and Ben Crews. They are true heroes and I am deeply grateful to them.”
Usher’s ex-wife and the mother of his two sons, Tameka Foster, is now seeking temporary primary custody of the boys, arguing that the Grammy winner isn’t providing suitable care.
An emergency hearing has been scheduled for Friday.
Gossip Cop will have updates.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Did Kim Kardashian Wax Her Babies Eyebrows?
- Celebrity Breakups: Who Called it Quits in 2013?
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Troublemaking Brandi Glanville Complains About Housewife Fans Hating Her
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z
- Which Celebrity Gives Back The Most?
- Cameron Diaz Gets Honest About Her Bad Skin