Usher Allowed to Skip Voting Line on Election Day
11:18 am, November 9th, 2012
Usher is under fire for some special treatment on Election Day.
The singer was allowed to bypass long lines at his polling station near Atlanta, upsetting fellow voters at the Bill Johnson Community Center.
According to local TV station WSBTV, Fulton County election officials escorted Usher through the back door of the venue, allowing him to cast his ballot before others who’d been waiting their turn.
He also reportedly took a cell phone picture of himself in the voting booth, typically prohibited by Georgia state law unless a poll manager has granted consent.
When fellow voters complained about the apparent preferential treatment, county election officials released a statement, explaining that Usher’s camp had told them on Monday he planned to vote in person on Tuesday.
“As a result, poll manager Frank Padula was directed to ensure that [Usher] Raymond’s presence would not become a distraction by taking necessary measures to move Mr. Raymond through the process as expeditiously as possible,” the statement said.
It added, “At no point was this decision made for preferential treatment, but to minimize and avoid a distraction at the poll.”
What do you think about Usher’s special voting circumstances?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Beyonce Spoke To Blue Ivy While Giving Birth?
- Nick Cannon Impostor Pulls Off Jewelry Heist
- Idris Elba Talks Fathering A Child That Wasn't His
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actress Adopts Her 'Direwolf'
- What Would Blair Underwood Give Up Fame For?
- The Jessica Alba Long Wavy Bob Tutorial
- Melissa Joan Hart Disses and Dishes on Famous Dudes She's Kissed
- Hair Inspiration: Celebs With The Most Enviable Ombre
- Is Adam Levine The Sexiest Man Alive?
- 15 Sexy Celebrity Hairstyles To Try