Up in arms over Britney Spears Down Under
8:03 am, November 6th, 2009
The Australian leg of the Britney Spears Circus tour literally just began in Perth, and already there’s major controversy Down Under, where she’s on stage right now.
After reports emerged that Spears lip synchs portions of her performance, an Aussie official suggested that tickets should include a disclaimer noting that parts of the concert are pre-recorded.
The Australian minister, Virginia Judge, who referenced Spears’ professional beginnings, told a newspaper that people would not tolerate a “Mickey Mouse performance.” She said, “Let’s be clear — live means live,” and added, “If you are spending up to 200 dollars [$182 U.S.] I think you deserve better than a film clip.”
With some of Spears’ tickets going for as much as $1,400 U.S., government officials there are now mulling whether performers need to disclose on tickets and posters if parts of their concerts are pre-recorded.
You might like:
- DMX Has Baby Number 12 On The Way!
- Jada Pinkett's M.O.: Rescue Willow From Hollywood!
- Melissa Joan Hart Disses and Dishes on Famous Dudes She's Kissed
- Was Brittany Murphy Poisoned?
- 35 Of Hollywood's Hottest Moms
- Jennifer Lawrence's Sexy Stilettos are Affordable Too
- 15 Sexy Celebrity Hairstyles To Try
- Drake Pulls Out All The Stops For Rihanna
- Diddy Throws A Star Studded Pool Party
- Scarlett Johansson's 10 Sexiest Looks