Tyra Banks Creating Autobiographical Comedy Series Fivehead About Teen Years
8:11 pm, October 12th, 2012
Tyra Banks’ life story may be coming to the small screen.
The supermodel is set to create and produce an autobiographical comedy series about her teen years for ABC called “Fivehead.”
Banks’ series will focus on the self-described “awkward” time she had in school and at home prior to becoming one of the world’s most successful models.
“In high school, if you have glasses, you’re a ‘four eyes.’ If you have braces, you’re a ‘metal mouth.’ But if you had my forehead? You’re a FIVEHEAD,” Banks said, explaining the show’s title.
She’s collaborating with TV writer-producer and “America’s Next Top Model” co-creator Kenya Barris, a childhood friend who went to school with Banks.
“To be able to witness her career was wild, but to be able to watch Tyra grow up was nothing short of nutty,” Barris said in a statement, adding, “I am blown away by the opportunity to tell not just a great story but a story that I remember so fondly.”
News of “Fivehead” was first reported by Deadline.
What do you think of Banks’ potential series?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Does Will Smith Think Jada's Style Is Whack?
- Bond Girls In Bikini's Always Sucker Us In
- Nelson Mandela Passes Away At Age 95
- Best Black Celebrity Hairstyles
- An Unforgettable One Direction Game!
- The Best of Paul Walker
- Rihanna Keeps It Casual Courtside
- Tia Mowry: Why I'm an Attachment Parent
- Is Lady GaGa After Miley Cyrus' Management?
- Michael Phelps' New Girlfriend Spills Juicy Details About Their Relationship