Tyra Banks Creating Autobiographical Comedy Series Fivehead About Teen Years
8:11 pm, October 12th, 2012
Tyra Banks’ life story may be coming to the small screen.
The supermodel is set to create and produce an autobiographical comedy series about her teen years for ABC called “Fivehead.”
Banks’ series will focus on the self-described “awkward” time she had in school and at home prior to becoming one of the world’s most successful models.
“In high school, if you have glasses, you’re a ‘four eyes.’ If you have braces, you’re a ‘metal mouth.’ But if you had my forehead? You’re a FIVEHEAD,” Banks said, explaining the show’s title.
She’s collaborating with TV writer-producer and “America’s Next Top Model” co-creator Kenya Barris, a childhood friend who went to school with Banks.
“To be able to witness her career was wild, but to be able to watch Tyra grow up was nothing short of nutty,” Barris said in a statement, adding, “I am blown away by the opportunity to tell not just a great story but a story that I remember so fondly.”
News of “Fivehead” was first reported by Deadline.
What do you think of Banks’ potential series?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Kim Kardashian: Airline Passenger Screamed Racist Obscenities at Me
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z
- What 'Teen Mom' Star Just Bought a House?
- Khloe Kardashian Throws a Fit Over Joan Rivers' Prank