Tab Claims “War” Between Demi Moore and Kim Kardashian
11:18 am, April 8th, 2010
Moore is “seething with jealousy over hubby Ashton Kutcher‘s ‘crush’” on Kardashian, according to the supermarket tab. A “source” for the Enquirer claims Kutcher and Kardashian “struck up a friendship” last year, leading Kutcher to gush over her and Moore to simmer. And although the friendship always bothered Moore, “things have gotten worse” since Kardashian and Reggie Bush cooled off.
“Kim flirts like crazy with Ashton, which drives Demi nuts,” explains the magazine’s source.
And it was this supposed jealous rage, argues the Enquirer, that led Moore to lash out at Kardashian for recently captioning an online photo of herself and three girlfriends with the phrase “Big pimpin’…”
It’s true that Moore — who campaigns against child slavery — asked Kardashian about the terminology, writing, “No disrespect I love a girls night out but a pimp and pimping is nothing more than a slave owner!… if we want to end slavery we need to stop glorifying the ‘pimp’ culture.”
What’s NOT true is the Enquirer claim that Moore’s comments represented “an opportunity to publicly embarrass Kim” that she seized because of her “dislike for the buxom brunette.”
And what the tab fails to mention were Moore’s subsequent tweets, in which she says, “Just so ya’ll are clear I like @KimKardashian I was just making a point about how we have used a word and desensitized the real meaning.”
Or the one when she responds cheerfully to Kardashian’s explanation and support with “Thx 4 understanding!”
Or when she echoes a follower’s love for Kardashian by tweeting, “I do too!”
Yeah, sounds like Demi must really “dislike” Kim.
Despite the Enquirer‘s best efforts to transform a momentary misunderstanding into what it labels a “war” and “brouhaha,” Moore and Kardashian seem quite friendly.
A rep for Moore tells Gossip Cop the jealousy/anger premise is “absolutely absurd.”
“Absurd” and the National Enquirer do seem to go hand in hand.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter for accurate celebrity news!
Visit GossipCop.com for the latest!
Check us out on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Kim Kardashian: Airline Passenger Screamed Racist Obscenities at Me
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z
- What 'Teen Mom' Star Just Bought a House?