‘Twilight’ High School Facade in Forks to be Destroyed
3:45 pm, October 4th, 2010
The brick facade of Quillayute Valley High School in Forks, Washington — the real-life version of the high school in Twilight — is about to disappear.
School officials had hoped to integrate the original building’s main doorway and front into the new campus set to replace the leaky, recently demolished school.
The tentative plan would have used the facade as a stand-alone entrance to the new building.
But in the construction proposal accepted on Friday, it was revealed that saving the facade would cost $271,000.
It will be destroyed.
“We would have considered a lower bid, but that’s over a quarter of a million dollars, and we can’t afford it,” said school board president Bill Rohde.
What had been for locals a beloved place of learning that dates from the 1920s became in recent years a tourist destination for Twilight fans who wanted to photograph the place where Bella Swan and Edward Cullen (played by Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson in the movies) first meet.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter for accurate celebrity news!
Check us out on Facebook!
Visit GossipCop.com for the latest!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Is Robyn Ready For Her Comeback?
- The Truth Behind Lana Del Rey's New Music
- Celebs De-Stress in Distressed Jeans
- Actors Who Refuse To Work Together
- Celebs Who Are Famous Because of Their Parents