Twilight Stars and Producers Express Condolences After Fan’s Comic Con Death
7:59 pm, July 10th, 2012
The producers and stars of the Twilight Saga series are speaking out after a fan died tragically on Tuesday as she headed to an upcoming San Diego Comic Con event.
The fan, identified only as Gisella G., had been waiting in line in anticipation for Thursday’s panel with the cast and crew of the Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 2 when she temporarily left and was hit by a car while crossing the street.
After word spread of the terrible accident, several of the movie’s stars took to Twitter to express condolences.
“I’m so sorry to hear the deviating news about Gisella G. My thoughts and prayers are with her family and friends,” wrote Ashley Greene.
Jackson Rathbone tweeted, “#RIPTwihardG All our love and respect, and all our prayers.”
Added Nikki Reed, “This is horrible. So sad. I’m speechless.”
In joint statement from Lionsgate and Summit, producers said “the entire Twilight community [is] saddened by the death of a Comic Con fan today due to a traffic accident during the hours leading up to this year’s convention in San Diego. ”
“Our thoughts and condolences go out to the victim’s family and friends. She will be respectfully remembered this Thursday in Hall H” of Comic Con, the statement concludes.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Beyonce Spoke To Blue Ivy While Giving Birth?
- Sandra Bullock Already Has Son Potty Trained
- Jennifer Lawrence's Sexy Stilettos are Affordable Too
- 15 Sexy Celebrity Hairstyles To Try
- 6 Magazine Cover Hairstyles You Can Easily Recreate
- 9 Reasons Solange's Son Is Hollywood's Coolest Kid
- The Plastic Surgery That Changed Lisa Kudrow's Life
- Memory Lane: Kim Kardashian Through The Years
- Brad Pitt: Sexy But Smelly?
- Leighton Meester Is Engaged To Adam Brody