Gossip Cop has the Official Word on “Eclipse” Reshoots
4:16 pm, April 14th, 2010EXCLUSIVE
A report that was widely disseminated earlier today made big waves by claiming that “key scenes” in The Twilight Saga: Eclipse need to be reshot in Vancouver, and speculated that the development indicated production on the June release was troubled.
Gossip Cop looked into it, and we have the exclusive answers.
First, regarding the implication that these reshoots were unexpected, an authorized rep for the studio tells Gossip Cop, “The reshoot was planned for months, like it is with the majority of films.”
Let Gossip Cop settle some other false rumors.
Contrary to today’s inaccurate speculation, “creative differences” have not led Summit to consider bringing in another director for the reshoots.
David Slade is 100% directing them, like he did the entire movie, and the studio is “very happy” with his direction of the film, which internally some say could be the best of the series.
As for the timing, speculation that there will be three rushed days of 18-hour shoots is incorrect. The Summit rep tells Gossip Cop that it’s a two-and-a-half to three-day shoot, and that “very little” actually has to be reshot.
But the biggest misconception concerned the specific scenes alleged to be those in need of a reshoot. The rep confirms to Gossip Cop, “None of the meadow or action scenes are being reshot.”
Asked to comment on today’s alarmist rumors, the authorized rep for the studio tells Gossip Cop, “Reports much like the one earlier today are ploys to drive traffic without any merit and without any support from the studio on what is actually going on or true.”
Gossip Cop will continue to bring accurate “Eclipse” production news before the film’s June theatrical release.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter for accurate celebrity news!
Visit GossipCop.com for the latest!
Check us out on Facebook!
You might like:
- Usher's Girlfriend Is An Alicia Keys Lookalike!
- Snag Julianne Hough's Totally Dreamy French Braided Halo
- 30 Child Actors Who Died Young
- 6 Magazine Cover Hairstyles You Can Easily Recreate
- Kanye Won't Be Happy About Drake's New Endorsement
- Selena Gomez's Hairstyle Evolution
- Hair Inspiration: Celebs With The Most Enviable Ombre
- 10 Celebrity Moms Who Practice Attachment Parenting
- Top 10 Picks to Play Christian Grey
- Jennifer Lawrence's Sexy Stilettos are Affordable Too