VIDEO: Tracy Morgan Returns to Nashville to Apologize for Anti-Gay Rant
2:27 pm, June 21st, 2011VIDEO
Tracy Morgan returned to Nashville today and formally apologized for anti-gay jokes he made during his stand-up show there on June 3.
“I want to apologize to my friends, my family and my fans, and everyone in every community who was offended with this,” said Morgan.
“I didn’t know. I didn’t mean it… I don’t have a hateful bone in my body,” continued the comedian. “I don’t believe that anyone should be bullied or just made to feel bad about who they are.”
Morgan also said that he prides himself on using stand-up “to heal” people, not “to hurt.”
“From the bottom of my heart… I apologize.”
Morgan’s June 3 rant drew outrage from gay rights organizations, particularly the comment that he’d “pull out a knife and stab” his son to death if he were homosexual.
The “30 Rock” star later apologized for going “too far” and stressed that he’s “not a hateful person.”
Last week, Morgan spoke with homeless gay teenagers in New York at a meeting coordinated by GLAAD.
Check out video from today’s event below.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Did Kim Kardashian Wax Her Babies Eyebrows?
- Celebrity Breakups: Who Called it Quits in 2013?
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Jackie Cruz Defends Latinas Everywhere
- Shakira Opens Up About Her Possessive Man
- Juan Pablo Catches Major Heat
- Ricky Martin Fights Back Against Violence
- 15 Celebrities You Didn't Were Realted