VIDEO: Tracy Morgan Returns to Nashville to Apologize for Anti-Gay Rant
2:27 pm, June 21st, 2011VIDEO
Tracy Morgan returned to Nashville today and formally apologized for anti-gay jokes he made during his stand-up show there on June 3.
“I want to apologize to my friends, my family and my fans, and everyone in every community who was offended with this,” said Morgan.
“I didn’t know. I didn’t mean it… I don’t have a hateful bone in my body,” continued the comedian. “I don’t believe that anyone should be bullied or just made to feel bad about who they are.”
Morgan also said that he prides himself on using stand-up “to heal” people, not “to hurt.”
“From the bottom of my heart… I apologize.”
Morgan’s June 3 rant drew outrage from gay rights organizations, particularly the comment that he’d “pull out a knife and stab” his son to death if he were homosexual.
The “30 Rock” star later apologized for going “too far” and stressed that he’s “not a hateful person.”
Last week, Morgan spoke with homeless gay teenagers in New York at a meeting coordinated by GLAAD.
Check out video from today’s event below.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Model's Too-Tiny Bikini Causes Wardrobe Malfunction
- Human Barbie Discusses Her Unique Look
- Is Justin Bieber Dating Kylie Jenner?
- Could This Be Kim K.'s Biggest Fashion Fail Yet?
- Hilary Duff Talks About Emotional Motherhood
- 24 Celebrities You Didn't Know Were Related
- Remember Lisa Turtle? Wait Til You See Her Now!
- Which Celebs Are Barely Recognizable Without Makeup?
- You Won't Believe What Topanga Looks Like Now
- Celebrities With Super Attractive Siblings