‘The Town’ Takes #1 Box Office Spot, ‘Eclipse’ Officially Tops $300 Million
11:28 am, September 19th, 2010BOX OFFICE
Ben Affleck‘s bank robber drama, The Town, has opened in the top spot at the box office, beating three other new releases.
The gritty crime film earned $23.8 million for the weekend, higher than most analysts predicted.
Teen comedy Easy A finished in second place, with $18.2 million, while horror-in-the-elevator flick, Devil, rounded the top three with $12.6 million.
Last week’s champ, Resident Evil: Afterlife 3D came in fourth with $10.1 million, while another new release, the animated Alpha and Omega secured fifth place, raking in $9.2 million.
The other films which made the Top Ten this weekend at the box office were Takers ($3 million), The American ($2.8 million), The Other Guys ($2 million), Inception ($1.9 million), Eat Pray Love ($1.7 million).
Meanwhile, The Twilight Saga: Eclipse hit a major milestone.
It’s official! Summit Entertainment confirms the film has now earned more than $300 million in North America.
Eclipse became the fourth release to cross the $300M threshold in 2010, joining Toy Story 3, Alice in Wonderland and Iron Man 2.
The movie is also closing in on $700 million worldwide.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter for accurate celebrity news!
Check us out on Facebook!
Visit GossipCop.com for the latest!
You might like:
- Did Kim Kardashian Wax Her Babies Eyebrows?
- Celebrity Breakups: Who Called it Quits in 2013?
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Jackie Cruz Defends Latinas Everywhere
- Shakira Opens Up About Her Possessive Man
- Juan Pablo Catches Major Heat
- Ricky Martin Fights Back Against Violence
- 15 Celebrities You Didn't Were Realted