“Kardashian Effect” Helps Make Mason #2 Baby Name for Boys
11:22 am, May 14th, 2012VIDEO
The Social Security Administration just released its annual Top Baby Names list for kids born in 2011 — and Kourtney Kardashian may have had a major impact.
While Jacob remains the #1 boys name for the thirteenth straight year, Mason has shot all the way up to #2.
On the “Today Show,” Social Security commissioner Michael Astrue noted that the “Kardashian Effect” could account for the name’s new popularity.
Kourtney Kardashian, of course, named her son Mason in 2009.
There’s been “a lot of reality tv effect the last couple years,” said Astrue.
Al Roker asked, “Is that a little depressing to you?”
Astrue replied, “We try to stay neutral.”
Here are the 2011 lists:
Check out the video below!
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Remember Lisa Turtle? Wait Til You See Her Now!
- The Drew Carey Show: What Ever Happened to Mimi?
- Model's Too-Tiny Bikini Causes Wardrobe Malfunction
- Kendall Jenner Admits Being A Kardashian Ruined Her Childhood
- Celebrities With Super Attractive Siblings
- You Won't Believe What Topanga Looks Like Now
- Mommy Makeover: Teen Mom Catelynn's Slim Down
- Could This Be Kim K.'s Biggest Fashion Fail Yet?
- Human Barbie Discusses Her Unique Look
- The Real Reason For Denise Richards' Scary Skinny Frame