“Kardashian Effect” Helps Make Mason #2 Baby Name for Boys
11:22 am, May 14th, 2012VIDEO
The Social Security Administration just released its annual Top Baby Names list for kids born in 2011 — and Kourtney Kardashian may have had a major impact.
While Jacob remains the #1 boys name for the thirteenth straight year, Mason has shot all the way up to #2.
On the “Today Show,” Social Security commissioner Michael Astrue noted that the “Kardashian Effect” could account for the name’s new popularity.
Kourtney Kardashian, of course, named her son Mason in 2009.
There’s been “a lot of reality tv effect the last couple years,” said Astrue.
Al Roker asked, “Is that a little depressing to you?”
Astrue replied, “We try to stay neutral.”
Here are the 2011 lists:
Check out the video below!
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Kim & Kanye: Is The Wedding On Hold?!
- The Most Educated Rappers In The Game
- All-Time Hottest Celebs with Facial Hair
- Kanye West Changing Last Name To Kardashian?
- Melissa Joan Hart Disses and Dishes on Famous Dudes She's Kissed
- Miley Cyrus Snubbed By Lamar Odom
- Child Stars Turned Child Brides
- Gwyneth Paltrow Wants Kids To Have Perfect Accents
- Court Thinks Dina Lohan Is Certifiably Crazy
- Beyonce Spoke To Blue Ivy While Giving Birth?