Tony Scott, Director, Dead in Suicide
12:15 am, August 20th, 2012
Tony Scott, the famous director of Top Gun and other hits, committed suicide on Sunday.
He was 68.
Scott jumped to his death from the Vincent Thomas Bridge, which spans Los Angeles Harbor.
His body was pulled from the water by the Los Angeles Police Department and U.S. Coast Guard and later identified at the L.A. County Coroner’s office.
A suicide note was reportedly found in Scott’s office.
The younger brother of fellow director Ridley Scott, his movies included Beverly Hills Cop II, Enemy of the State, True Romance and Days of Thunder.
He directed a number of recent Denzel Washington thrillers — including Man on Fire, Deja Vu, The Taking of Pelham 1 2 3 and Unstoppable — and produced TV shows including “The Good Wife.”
Scott is survived by his wife, Donna, and their two children.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Bring Her Ex To Premiere?
- 30 Child Actors Who Died Young
- All-Time Hottest Celebs with Facial Hair
- Brody Jenner Probably Not Invited To Kim's Wedding?
- Diddy Throws A Star Studded Pool Party
- Double Date With Kanye West And Kim Kardashian
- Lady Gaga Debuts Flying Dress
- John Mayer & Katy Perry's Romantic Photoshoot
- Brad Pitt: Sexy But Smelly?
- Kanye Won't Be Happy About Drake's New Endorsement