Tommy Morrison, Former Heavyweight Champion and Rocky V Star, Dead at 44
8:09 pm, September 2nd, 2013
Tommy Morrison, who starred in Rocky V and was once boxing’s heavyweight champion, has died.
No official cause of death has been given, although he’d been in poor health and hospitalized in recent months.
He was 44.
Morrison appeared opposite Sylvester Stallone in 1990′s Rocky V, then beat George Foreman to gain the WBO championship belt in 1993.
But after testing positive for HIV in 1996, Morrison’s career in the ring came to a halt.
He had multiple run-ins with the law after his professional peak and served prison time.
In his later years, Morrison claimed that he did not have HIV, and that his test had been a “false positive.”
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Kim Kardashian: Airline Passenger Screamed Racist Obscenities at Me
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z
- What 'Teen Mom' Star Just Bought a House?