Tommy Morrison, Former Heavyweight Champion and Rocky V Star, Dead at 44
8:09 pm, September 2nd, 2013
Tommy Morrison, who starred in Rocky V and was once boxing’s heavyweight champion, has died.
No official cause of death has been given, although he’d been in poor health and hospitalized in recent months.
He was 44.
Morrison appeared opposite Sylvester Stallone in 1990′s Rocky V, then beat George Foreman to gain the WBO championship belt in 1993.
But after testing positive for HIV in 1996, Morrison’s career in the ring came to a halt.
He had multiple run-ins with the law after his professional peak and served prison time.
In his later years, Morrison claimed that he did not have HIV, and that his test had been a “false positive.”
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Gwyneth Paltrow Wants Kids To Have Perfect Accents
- 15 Sexy Celebrity Hairstyles To Try
- Perrie Edwards' Many Hair Colors
- Proof That Rihanna & Drake Are Officially Together
- A$AP Rocky Drop "Fashion Killa" Video Starring Rihanna
- Kris Humphries Auctions Off Kim Kardashian's Ring
- What The Frock?: Horrible Celeb Fashion Fails
- 6 Magazine Cover Hairstyles You Can Easily Recreate
- Jessica Simpson's Lips are Bigger and Waist is Smaller
- 10 Artists Who Stole Ideas & Never Gave Credit