WATCH: Against Me! Transgender Rocker Gives First Performance As a Woman
10:29 am, May 28th, 2012VIDEO
Against Me! singer Tom Gabel gave his first performance as a woman on Friday.
During the 40-minute set, Grace sang the band’s new song, “Transgender Dysphoria Blues,” which is also the name of Against Me!’s upcoming album.
Grace, who started hormone replacement therapy two weeks ago, also reportedly received cheers from the audience when she sang the lines “If I could have chosen/I would have been born a woman” from the band’s 2007 song “The Ocean.”
“I was worried that some people expected me to come out looking like Little Bo Peep or something,” Grace told Rolling Stone after the show, but both the musician and the performance were well-received.
Check out a video from the concert below!
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- You Don't Like Gwyneth Paltrow? She Doesn't Care!
- Drake Pulls Out All The Stops For Rihanna
- The Drama Continues With Pauly D's Baby Mama!
- Diddy Throws A Star Studded Pool Party
- Rajon Rondo Goes Chinese
- Beyonce And Jay Z's Cutest Family Pics!
- Miley Cyrus Is Apparently Barack Obama's Fault Now
- Selena Gomez's Hairstyle Evolution
- Lil Wayne Throws Daughter An Extravagant Birthday Party
- Which Aging Playboy Star Just Passed Away?