WATCH: Against Me! Transgender Rocker Gives First Performance As a Woman
10:29 am, May 28th, 2012VIDEO
Against Me! singer Tom Gabel gave his first performance as a woman on Friday.
During the 40-minute set, Grace sang the band’s new song, “Transgender Dysphoria Blues,” which is also the name of Against Me!’s upcoming album.
Grace, who started hormone replacement therapy two weeks ago, also reportedly received cheers from the audience when she sang the lines “If I could have chosen/I would have been born a woman” from the band’s 2007 song “The Ocean.”
“I was worried that some people expected me to come out looking like Little Bo Peep or something,” Grace told Rolling Stone after the show, but both the musician and the performance were well-received.
Check out a video from the concert below!
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Rachel Zoe and Anne Hathaway's Major Break Up Shocker
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- 11 Celebrities That Have Signed Up To Go To Space
- 21 Celebrity Couples Who Met On Set
- Who Knew Kristen Stewart and Kim Kardashian Had Similar Tastes?
- Gigi Hadid Heats Up Boyfriend Cody Simpson's New Music Video