WATCH: Against Me! Transgender Rocker Gives First Performance As a Woman
10:29 am, May 28th, 2012VIDEO
Against Me! singer Tom Gabel gave his first performance as a woman on Friday.
During the 40-minute set, Grace sang the band’s new song, “Transgender Dysphoria Blues,” which is also the name of Against Me!’s upcoming album.
Grace, who started hormone replacement therapy two weeks ago, also reportedly received cheers from the audience when she sang the lines “If I could have chosen/I would have been born a woman” from the band’s 2007 song “The Ocean.”
“I was worried that some people expected me to come out looking like Little Bo Peep or something,” Grace told Rolling Stone after the show, but both the musician and the performance were well-received.
Check out a video from the concert below!
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- NBA Star Ray Allen Is One Lucky Man
- The Most Educated Rappers In The Game
- The Brattiest Celebrity Kids
- Kendall Jenner Gets A Completely New Look
- Does Will Smith Think Jada's Style Is Whack?
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actress Adopts Her 'Direwolf'
- 8 Aww-Inspiring Baby Photos Of Celeb Kids
- Did Beyonce & Jay-Z Chemically Process Blue Ivy's Hair?
- What The Frock?: Horrible Celeb Fashion Fails
- Courtney Stodden's Risque Cleavage-Bearing Mini-Dress