Tom Gabel of Against Me! Reveals He’s Transgender, Becoming Woman
10:15 pm, May 8th, 2012
Tom Gabel of the punk band Against Me! has revealed plans to become a woman named Laura Jane Grace.
The transgender rocker says that he’s suffered for years with gender dysphoria and intends to transition through hormone treatment, electrolysis and potential gender reassignment surgery.
Gabel will remain married to wife Heather, with whom he has a two-year-old daughter.
The Against Me! singer made the big revelation to Rolling Stone, telling the magazine, “I’m going to have embarrassing moments, and that won’t be fun. But that’s part of what talking to you is about — is hoping people will understand, and hoping they’ll be fairly kind.”
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Kris Humphries Auctions Off Kim Kardashian's Ring
- A Cute Daddy Daughter Moment Courtesy Of Jay Z
- The Jessica Alba Long Wavy Bob Tutorial
- 10 Rapper's Crazy Cribs
- Brad Pitt: Sexy But Smelly?
- Kim Kardashian's Mommy Time With North West
- Which Aging Playboy Star Just Passed Away?
- What Happened to Miley Cyrus' Eyebrows?
- Is Kanye West Finally Embarrassed After Irrational Outburst?
- Exes Kate Moss & Johnny Depp Are Reuniting